Merchandise Associate – Hardgoods & Footwear
Established in 1995, West 49 quickly built a reputation as Canada’s #1 men’s, ladies & boys actions sports retailer offering a vast selection of branded & private label apparel, footwear, accessories & hardgoods. Carrying the most coveted brands in the industry including Vans, DC, Converse, Billabong, Quicksilver and many more, West 49 has positioned itself as the go-to destination for action sports enthusiasts across the country. In addition, West 49’s private label merchandise has become an essential part of the product mix offering a competitive alternative to our customer. As Canada’s #1 action sports retailer we continue to grow and maintain our position within the industry in our neverending pursuit to “Make Dreams Happen!”
We are currently seeking an Merchandise Associate for our Head Office located at Toronto, Ontario.
As a Merchandise Associate you will be assisting and working as a partner with the Buyer in all areas of analyzing, merchandising, and communicating all decisions to successfully affect the department’s business.
- Communicate with vendors regarding product development: initiation of new orders, PO revisions and cancellations, shipping, packing, pre-ticketing, labeling instructions.
- Initiate and maintain PO price changes; input and revise purchase orders, review and maintain PLU files.
- Aggressively track product to store level based on priority product, including follow up with vessel/air, freight forwarders and NLS.
- Update shipping schedules daily to represent current information.
- Prepare sample racks for Best/Worst Review and for weekly receipt meeting
- Communicate with all areas of the Company as it applies to the purchase, delivery, receipt, ticketing, processing, pricing, and quality of merchandise.
- Provide L/C Department with P/O information to initiate and/or amend L/C’s
- Coordinate photo shoot samples
- Participate in sales, product & merchandise meetings.
- Assist in the development of the assortment mix.
- Stay up to date on fashion trends, market climate, competition, promotional and test strategies and assess the results and effect of each.
- Maintain samples in an organized manner for each department.
- Work with E-Comm manager to provide weekly required samples
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prepare weekly reports: Budgets, WAR, OTB, Executive Summary, Best/Worst sellers.
- Review update weekly reports: Open order, Tracker, Monthly picture books.
- Review reports: Executive Summary, OTB.
- Provide current assortment plans with P/O’s to be signed.
- Post secondary education in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or equivalent
- 2 years of Fashion Merchandising experience, or equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills, pays attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel
- Enjoys working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet set deadlines
- Passion for fashion!
What’s in it for you?
- 20-50% discounts at West 49 and Amnesia !
- 20% discount across our group of companies!
- Amazing growth opportunities across Canada including home office!
- Medical & Dental Benefit plan !
- Fun and team focused environment that supports the action sports lifestyle!
What’s in it for us?
With a sense of BELONGING to the action sports industry, you start your day with a desire to achieve sales targets, build a strong sales team, and CONNECT to our Customers by creating a visually impactful West 49 location. Proper planning, organizing and delegating, allows you to INSPIRE and prepare your sales team for a fast pace, sales driven and customer focused sales floor. While your recruiting, training and coaching permits you to build your dream team, your visual merchandising skills add value to the overall look of the store. And, your ability to adapt and be flexible during regular or high peak seasons means you’ll FULFILL the goals set for you and your store.
** West 49 (2015) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.