We are looking for a highly passionate Accountant to become part of a high performing team with strong career development opportunities in a role that provides access and exposure to the senior executive team.
The ideal candidate should have good knowledge of core accounting principles, strong analytical and communication skills. This role is integral part of Finance team providing accurate and timely support for month & year end reporting and analysis, budgeting, and forecasting, and will also include involvement in special cross functional projects.
What You’ll Do:
• Support month-end close, including journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
• Assist in year-end close process, including liaison and preparation of audit schedules and working papers, responding to audit queries, and assisting in GAAP presentation.
• Assist in preparation of management presentations by performing in-depth analysis of business performance and corporate spend and highlight areas of opportunity or improvement.
• Participate and contribute to all areas of finance to identify and recommend process and system efficiencies. Must be comfortable to assist with design and development of process documentation.
• Assist in ad hoc analysis and special projects requested from the senior management.
• Assist in the development and automation of monthly reporting using Business Intelligence tools.
• Other duties as required
What You’ll Need
• Relevant degree and 3 years post-graduate experience in similar capacity. Enrollment in CPA PEP is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of basic accounting policies and procedures
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with general ledger functions and the month-end close process
• Hands-on experience with medium to large size ERP accounting system utilizing a multi-company, multi-department, multi-currency hierarchy. (Infor Lawson would be an asset but not a requirement)
• Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables and Business Intelligence tools (Crystal Reports, Power BI or similar)
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Effective communicator, problem solver and team player
What we offer:
Competitive Compensation Package
Ongoing Training and Development including one-on-one mentoring
Career Advancement Opportunities
Corporate events and lunches (when permitted)
Health and Dental Benefits Plan
Paid Sick Days
Being part of an amazing, supportive, and collaborative team with open-door policy.
As a result of Covid-19, we are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.