YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
We are looking for a highly organized Accountant would enjoy working for a fast-paced, growing company. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate adaptability, ability to multi-task and taking on new challenges and is looking for a company where they can grow and develop their career.
This role combines analytical skills with knowledge of accounting principles. This role will be working with members of the G/L team providing accurate and timely support for analytical reports, including month end.
Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to, the following:)
• Produce monthly account reconciliations and financial reports
• Resolves financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
• Support month-end close, including journal entries and supporting documentation.
• Assis in year-end close process, including preparation of audit schedules and working papers
• Reconciles sales taxes and assists with government audits
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Other duties as required
• Relevant degree and 3 years post-graduate experience. Enrollment in CPA PEP is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience with general ledger functions and the month-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
• MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Effective communicator and team player
As a result of Covid-19, most of our employees presently work remotely. When required to attend the office, strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.