YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Amnesia, Brooks Brothers, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
The Application Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Company’s in-house Windows/Web applications, reports, interfaces, process automation, etc. This role will work with the Development department as well as other departments to ensure the completion of development projects that meet Company requirements and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and maintain in-house applications/scripts/reports.
Participate in technical discussions, create/maintain technical documentation.
Perform QA/unit testing to ensure development efforts meet functional requirements and objectives.
Provide user support, including some off-hour support when required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
· One or more years of working experience in SQL based systems, preferably MS-SQL (SQL Stored Procedures, table, indexes, triggers, etc.).
· One or more years of application development in mobile development and/or .Net technologies (C#, Windows Forms, ASP.Net, Web services).
· Working experience with Microsoft Reporting Services or any report generator software.
· Strong programming and problem-solving skills.
· Understanding of object-oriented programming and web services technologies.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Eager to learn and able to adapt to changes.
Nice to have skills:
· Exposure or working experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Management Studio, Microsoft DevOps and any other Microsoft development tools is an asset.
· Exposure or working experience with mobile development (Android) is an asset.
· Exposure or working experience with GraphQL is an asset.
· Exposure or working experience with Java is an asset.
· Exposure or working experience with Eclipse IDE is an asset.
· Exposure or working experience with IBMi DB2 is an asset.
· Knowledge of any other reporting tools such as Crystal Reports or SAP BI is an asset.
· Experience with retail systems is an asset.
· Knowledge or working experience with UML is an asset.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest: However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.