Area Manager – Bluenotes – KingstonDate Posted February 28, 2023
- Department Store Operations
- Location Kingston, ON
- Job ID 114576
- Kingston, ON
Thriftys Family of Brands is hiring an Area Manager for the Kingston and surrounding area.
Thriftys Family of Brands has been a proudly Canadian company since 1942. From day one, our roots have been firmly planted in denim. By keeping up with the latest trends throughout the decades, we have consistently offered our customers the latest denim fits, washes and styles, maintaining our reputation as one of the top denim retailers in Canada. Our brands include Bluenotes, Thriftys by Bluenotes, Aeropostale Canada and Lucky Brand Canada.
As an Area Manager for Thriftys, your role ensures a strong focus on Employee Engagement through effective Training, Coaching and Development, Customer Satisfaction and Hiring and Succession Planning. You will be responsible to maximize store sales and effectively manage wage cost through strategic business management. Your role supervises multiple store locations; travel is required to provide support and direction to your Management teams. You demonstrate our Company Values and Objectives by being a role model who exemplifies the Company philosophy.
What you need to be a successful Area Manager with Thriftys Family of Brands:
· Authentic and influential leader and communicator who is professional and reflects Company values in both attitude and attire
· Must work well in a team-oriented environment and has proven expertise for team building
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision
· An effective and inspirational leader who takes initiative
· Accepts ownership and accountability for decisions
· Personifies an entrepreneurial spirit
· Effective Time Management Skills
· Creative and dynamic mindset with the desire to “make things happen”
· Thrives in a hands-on, fast paced, and ever-changing environment.
· Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organization skills
· Effectively adapts to changing business needs, providing effective strategies and solutions
· Strong merchandising and presentation skills
· Possesses a degree or certificate in Retail Management, Business Management or a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Retail Management.
· Minimum 2+ years Fashion industry experience required
· Multi-store supervision experience is a must
· Must be flexible to travel within the City and surrounding areas
If all of this has inspired you, let’s talk! Send us your resume today!
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thriftys is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Store discount
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kingston, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work