YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Amnesia, Brooks Brothers, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
The Art Director – E-Commerce, working with the Creative Director, is responsible for leading the creative development of site and email programs from conceptualization to final production. The candidate works with our in-house creative team to help our brand remain fresh, competitive, and relevant.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Works with Creative Director, Graphic Designers, Copywriters, and E-Commerce Studio to review and discuss creative concepts and art direction
· Establish art direction to deliver a cohesive look and feel across all digital consumer touchpoints (including digital ads, e-commerce sites & emails)
· Is hands-on in directing our studio photography team and models to achieve desired creative
· Review all artwork and copy to ensure projects are on brand and on time.
· Ability to research competitors to provide analysis of digital marketplace on a continuous basis
· Adhere to corporate health and safety policy requirements that contribute to a safe workplace
· Any other related duties as assigned
· Post-secondary education in Graphic Design or related field
· Minimum 5 years experience at an agency or in-house creative team specializing in the digital space. Experience in fashion or retail considered an asset.
· Experience in formulating concepts and marketing campaigns that engage, communicate and sell
· Experience with fashion photography, photo editing,
· Extensive knowledge in Graphic Design, including layout, knowledge of typography, and colour theory
· Functional expertise in UX and UI design
· Experience in creative development & campaign implementation for web
· Extremely proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator
· Knowledge of video editing software such as After Effects or Preimiere Pro an asset
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Previous retail experience an asset
Related Work Skills
· Strong aesthetic sensitivity in evaluating layout, photography and typography
· Ability to meet tight deadlines on a continual basis
· Ability to work effectively in a high productivity work environment
· Expertise in developing creative concepts for the digital space
· Website management and creative asset management
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to take direction but also lead a team
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· Ability to build rapport and partnerships with team members
As a result of Covid-19, most of our employees presently work remotely. This position will be required to attend the office, during which time strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest: However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.