YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
The Art Director is responsible for leading a creative brand development from conceptualization to final production. This role works with a team of Designers, Photographers, and Illustrators to create original print materials, advertising and event signage for the Company. The Art Director is working both independently and with other departments.
· Brief creative team on new developments
· Review all artwork to ensure brand integration
· Establish creative direction to deliver a cohesive look and style across all consumer touch points (including digital ads, promotions, E-Commerce website, weekly promotional emails, in-store marketing material)
· Build and research for every project
· Work with Director, Marketing team to review and discuss seasonal direction, colour palettes, art direction and creative concepts
· Manage E-Commerce website daily
· Post-secondary education in Graphic Design or related field
· 10 years of professional experience at an agency, retailer, or fashion-orientated environment
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a graphic designer position
· Experience in fashion photography
· Previous retail experience is an asset
· Experience with OSX operating systems
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Proficient in various design programs InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Quark Express,
· Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe creative suite, content manager and Magneto
· Proficient on MAC and experienced on PC format
What we offer:
· Competitive Compensation Package
· Health and Dental Benefits Plan
· Paid Sick Days
· Career Growth Opportunities
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)