The first Suzy store opened its doors in 1966 and we continue to grow more than 50 years later! With over 120 stores across the country and an online store at www.suzyshier.ca, Suzy is one of Canada’s leading women’s fashion retailers with brand awareness coast to coast.
As a recognized brand in Canada, Suzy offers the latest fashions at outstanding prices. We are the preferred destination for the latest trends, key items and ‘must have’ essentials. Our buyers search the world for the most current fashions to ensure we bring our customers the latest trends at great prices. Fashion changes as quickly as our customers’ needs and Suzy continuously seeks to inspire our customer and meet those evolving needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced, results driven individual pursuing a career as an Assistant Buyer. This is a position at our Montreal Head office location.
An Assistant Buyer is responsible to achieve all financial targets determined by management by providing a merchandise assortment that is within established strategies and standards. The Assistant Buyer works under the guidance of a Senior Buyer or Management.
• Plan product assortment, focusing on cost, retail, key items, vendor variety, target customer, promotional strategies and performance history.
• Develop product and work with technical designers and fit technicians to achieve desired product and select appropriate vendors to produce.
• Negotiate with vendors to achieve the best possible price/value relationship and desired delivery.
• Responsible for department’s buying plans, open-to-buy, delivery follow-up, purchase orders and revisions.
• Conducts market and competition research and provides recaps. Must be available for travel and conduct store visits.
• Stays abreast of trends through communication with trend department as well as independent research.
• Communicates/collaborates with other departments (planning, trends, production, traffic, visual) including other buying departments.
• Responsible to manage and ensure proper training of assistant and coordinator.
What you offer:
• 2-3 years of prior working experience as a Junior Buyer or significant experience as Assistant Buyer
• A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Fashion or equivalent
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative to achieve departmental and corporate objectives
• Knowledge of merchandising and product knowledge within the garment industry
• Strong time management and multitasking skills
• Computer literacy with working experience in MS Office, particularly Excel
• Post-secondary education in Fashion
· Previous work experience with suppliers and buyers
What we offer:
A competitive compensation package
A comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees
Employee discount at all of our banners
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates being consulted for an interview will be contacted.
Suzy’s Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’saccessibility needs.