Benefits AdministratorDate Posted May 8, 2023
- Department Human Resources
- Location Toronto, ON
- Job ID 116035
- Toronto, ON
It’s your time! Be part of a successful Company where you can grow your career and be rewarded and recognized for your contributions.
YM Inc. is one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 750 stores under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Le Chateau, Thrifty’s, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity and promote the benefits of diversity. That is our Philosophy.
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for the hands-on, day-to-day operations of the Company’s Health and Dental benefits plan for Canada
- Oversee the day-to-day entry of Benefits data and answer employee benefits-related questions
- Audit benefit premium deductions, investigate and resolve benefit premium discrepancies
- Process new hires and terminations and Leaves of Absence in Benefits and process monthly billings and reconciliations.
- Work with the Benefits carrier and Third-Party Administrator to resolve Benefits administrative inquiries
- Interpret related Benefit policies and procedures and support compliance with government and provincial/state regulations.
- Support implementation/upgrade projects through regular documentation of current and newly introduced processes
- Human Resources Certificate or equivalent
- 2+ Years of relevant Human Resources/Canadian Benefits experience
- US Benefits experience is an asset
- Previous Dayforce Benefits experience is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health and Dental Benefits Plan
- Paid Sick Days
- Career Growth Opportunities
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON M6A 2W1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- benefits administration: 2 years (required)
- US Benefits: 1 year (preferred)
- Dayforce: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person