The first Suzy store opened its doors in 1966 and we continue to grow more than 40 years later! With over 130 stores across the country and an online store at www.suzyshier.ca, Suzy is on of Canada’s leading women’s fashion retailers with brand awareness coast to coast.
As a recognized brand in Canada, Suzy / Le Chateau offers the latest fashions at outstanding prices. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results.
The buyer is responsible for sample management, supplier communications as well as market research, product development and selection.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
– Must understand all buying reports, such as budgets, open-to-buy, sales velocity gross margin reports, etc.
– Process purchase orders in a timely and accurate manner and complete delivery follow-up on a weekly basis
– Develops relationships with vendors and communicates regularly to ensure sample requests, product development and purchase order details are well understood
– Stays on top of fashion, competition and business trends through store and competition visits, market research and vendor appointments
– Continual development of buyer training and understanding of department by attending merchandise and sales meeting, development handovers, fit session and assisting buyer in planning of product assortment
– Supports buyer in any other area required
– 2-3 years of prior working experience as a Buyer
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– Demonstrated ability to take initiative to achieve departmental and corporate objectives
– Knowledge of merchandising and product knowledge within the garment industry
– Strong time management and multitasking skills
– Computer literacy with working experience in MS Office
– Post-secondary education in Fashion
What we offer:
– Commitment to our employees – we want you to succeed
– Competitive compensation package including monthly bonus, paid sick time and benefits.
– $100 gift card
– Employee Discount
– A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and respectful
Location of employment:
– 5700 Ferrier, Montreal, Quebec H4P 1M7
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates being consulted for an interview will be contacted.
Suzy’s Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’saccessibility needs.