The YM Group of Companies was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 650 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, West 49, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier and Bluenotes.
The Content Creator is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, presenting and supporting the Company’s social media consumer engagement strategy and execution. As a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape, the Content Creator has an intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technologies.
Essential Job Functions:
• Create storyboards, direct shoots, edit, and produce social and online ads & content videos for In-store, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram pages.
• Ideate and execute concepts for internal videos.
• Make creative, fun, and social-driven content that people will like and share across our platforms.
• Perform research and analysis when required for educational videos.
• Create and manage digital content (display ads, Facebook ads, Instagram ads, g-mail)
• Analyze the results of your work to learn from pilot tests and improve video performance.
• Assist Art Directors as needed with graphic design assets.
College Diploma or Degree in Graphic Design, video production or related work experience
Minimum 2 years graphic design experience, in retail or fashion services an asset
Strong analytical and research skills, overall business knowledge and consumer trend awareness
Must be extremely detail oriented
Strong communication (written and verbal), organization and presentation skills recommended
Demonstrated ability to take initiative to achieve departmental and corporate objectives
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.