YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Amnesia, Brooks Brothers, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
The Digital Communications Coordinator supports the Sr. Digital Communications Coordinator and works with the E-Commerce team to assist in the planning, development and execution of the overall digital communication strategy for YM Inc.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Email: Building, scheduling, deployment and analysis of Email campaigns and flows
Build and modify new and existing email templates
Define and execute database segmentation, to send emails to the right people at the right time
Weekly, monthly & ad hoc reporting around success metrics, list growth and unsubscribes and recommendations on conversion and revenue opportunities
Work with internal teams to improve promotional, trend, triggered/automated and transactional email programs
Keep on top of email marketing trends and best practices, including mobile design, layout design, calls-to-action, dynamic content, testing and CASL requirements
Ensure proper tests are carried out for respective email clients, web browsers and mobile; work with testing framework to continuously optimize and improve e-mail program
· Push Notification Marketing: Assist in the planning, journey building, deployment and analysis
· Browser Notification Marketing: Assist in the planning, journey building, deployment and analysis
· SMS Marketing for Ecommerce: Assist in the planning, journey building, deployment and analysis
· Post-secondary education in a related field
· Familiarity with marketing technologies
· At least 1 year’s experience building and deploying promotional and transactional emails
· Previous email marketing program experience, and knowledge of email KPI’s a must
· Previous experience managing large customer databases
· Understanding of responsive design, with proven experience in HTML/CSS
· Strong knowledge of CAN-SPAM regulations
· Experience with third-party email Service Providers (e.g. Klaviyo, MailChimp, Salesforce, etc.)
Related Work Skills
· Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and meet all deadlines
· Ability to operate independently with minimal direction
· Creative and dynamic mind set with the desire to “make things happen”
· Strong time management and multitasking skills
· Strong work ethic
· Understand business goals and work closely with key leadership to strategize
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong analytical and research skills, overall business knowledge and consumer trend awareness
· Extremely detail oriented
· Ability to take initiative to achieve departmental and corporate objectives
As a result of Covid-19, most of our employees presently work remotely. When required to attend the office, strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.