YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
The Stylist is responsible for the on-model styling of all Urban Planet E-Comm photo-shoots. Working closely with the Photographer and Merchandise Coordinator, they will ensure that all styling is consistent with the Urban Planet brand image and guidelines. They will also collaborate with the Photographer to ensure proper management and preparation of all product assets.
· Liaise with Merchandise Manager to determine photo-shoot priorities
· Ensure styling is consistent with Urban Planet identity and brand guidelines
· Prepare merchandise according to guidelines
· Analyze rack and categorize based on customer profiles
· Procure props for special projects in a resourceful and proactive manner
· Follow Company product care guidelines when handling all merchandise
· Research designers, brands and products in preparation of each photo-shoot
· Monitor and ensure weekly reshoot percentage remains within target
· Maintain strict standards of quality control
· Assist Photographer in daily tasks
· Assist with editorial projects as required
· Support department by performing various studio tasks as required
· Maintain styling and styling storage area
· Post-secondary education in fashion arts or fashion related field
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
What we offer:
· Competitive Compensation Package
· Health and Dental Benefits Plan
· Paid Sick Days
· Career Growth Opportunities
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs