hriftys Family of Brands is HIRING! Our brands include Bluenotes, Thriftys by Bluenotes, and Aeropostale Canada.
Thriftys Family of Brands has been a proudly Canadian company since 1942. From day one, our roots have been firmly planted in denim. By keeping up with the latest trends throughout the decades, we have consistently offered our customers the latest denim fits, washes and styles, maintaining our reputation as one of the top denim retailers in Canada.
Our company philosophy is all about our customers and employees feeling empowered to express their individuality and diversity through fashion – we want YOU to be YOU!
Do you want to work for a company that is a leading brand in the fashion industry? Do you love denim? Are you an authentic, influential individual that will add energy and excitement to our growing business? Do you thrive in an environment that is hands on, fast paced and ever-changing? If you answered “Yes”, then we want to meet you!
Thriftys Family of Brands is currently looking for a Buyer for our Head Office location.
What you need to be a successful Buyer with Thriftys:
· Data Analysis: Excellent analytical and creative skills with demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain various reports. An Excel master, who analyzes performance and results consistently to react to top and bottom performers.
· Team player: Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams. Commitment to skill development and mentoring direct reports on the buying and production processes.
· Passion for fashion: As someone submersed in the fashion world you have an evolving knowledge on fashion market trends, benchmark competitors to ensure assortment plans have key trend and new emerging items.
· Effective Communication: You will communicate clearly and effectively; you are confident speaking in person, on the phone and through email; your style is welcoming, concise, and consistent. Proven ability to convey information, whether oral or written, in a successful, easy to understand manner particularly with presentations in weekly Merchandising meetings and with vendors.
· Time Management: You will balance your tasks with timeliness and efficiency, while demonstrating the ability to work with attention to detail and speed and urgency in a high productivity environment. Diligently track and follow up on production process, deliveries, and priority products.
· Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Fashion Merchandising, Fashion Business, Retail Management, or equivalent
· 2 + years of buying experience preferably in retail apparel
· Excellent negotiation skills
What we offer you:
· Commitment to our employees – we want you to succeed!
· Ongoing, hands-on training to help you develop your skills.
· Competitive compensation package including monthly bonus, paid sick time and benefits.
· Excellent employee discount, on top of our already great prices
· A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, encourages individuality, and is eager to hear your input and ideas.
If all of this has inspired you, let’s talk! Send us your resume today!
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thriftys is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.