YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
The File Clerk is responsible for the processing of store payroll for assigned locations, adhering to Company policies, legislation practices and requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
· Oversee and maintain all assigned stores’ bi-weekly payroll
· Process new hires, terminations, status changes, pay rate changes and other employee data
· Process approved time records, process net pay and ensure compliance with all statutory deductions and benefits
· Answer all payroll inquiries from employees and supervisors
· Answer all government payroll inquiries
· Maintain payroll procedures and processes
· Post-secondary education in a business related field
· 1 years’ of payroll experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Good mathematical skills
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
As a result of Covid-19, most of our employees presently work remotely. When required to attend the office, strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.