It’s your time! Be part of a successful Company where you can grow your career and be rewarded and recognized for your contributions.
YM Inc. is one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 750 stores under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Le Chateau, Thrifty’s, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity and promote the benefits of diversity. That is our Philosophy.
How you will make a difference:
The Finance Manager performs a critical role in the group’s Finance Shared Services team. The Finance Manager is part of the finance senior leadership team and plays a vital role in supporting the VP of Finance in managing the departmental activities. The role manages a team of 3 people and supports the various business units through a combination of strong technical accounting and reporting skills, completing work with a high degree of accuracy and within timelines, while demonstrating excellent customer service skills. The position also requires proven leadership skills, a talent for excellent oral and written communication and the ability to manage, coach and mentor employees in order to develop a strong team.
What You’ll Do:
· Oversee and manage the month end close process
· Manage the compilation of the monthly financial packages including executive commentaries and high-level variance analyses and reporting to Senior Management
· Work with business and department heads to build annual budgets and forecasts
· Responsible for reviewing all major Balance Sheet reconciliations and sub-ledgers to ensure all balances are complete, accurate and are fully supported and ensuring all issues are followed up in a timely manner
· Manage the income tax provision and liaise with external tax advisors to manage corporation tax returns
· Ensure compliance with internal and external financial policies and regulations
· Review and manage Sales Tax processes and technical applications in all corporate jurisdictions
· Responsible for supporting external and Government audits
· Ensure all day-to-day tasks of the team members are monitored and supported
· Coach and mentor team members and complete performance management processes in accordance with departmental requirements
What You’ll Need
· Proven work experience in a senior financial capacity
· 8-12 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
· CPA preferred
· Thorough knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including generally accepted accounting principles in both Canada and the US
· Knowledge of federal and provincial/state financial and tax regulations
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
Related Work Skills
· Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
· Expert knowledge in finance and accounting procedures and regulations
· Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical, leadership and problem-solving skills
· Significant analytical skillset, including utilization of BI and reporting tools
· Excellent organizational skills
What we offer:
Competitive Compensation Package
Health and Dental Benefits Plan
Paid Sick Days
Ongoing Training and Development
Career Advancement Opportunities
Being part of an amazing, supportive and collaborative team
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.