FIT Model/ Merchandise Assistant – Thriftys Family of BrandsDate Posted August 30, 2022
- Department Visual Merchandising
- Location Toronto, ON
- Job ID 108537
- Toronto, ON
Thriftys Family of Brands is HIRING! Our brands include Bluenotes, Thriftys by Bluenotes, Aeropostale Canada and Lucky Brand Canada.
Thriftys Family of Brands has been a proudly Canadian company since 1942. From day one, our roots have been firmly planted in denim. By keeping up with the latest trends throughout the decades, we have consistently offered our customers the latest denim fits, washes and styles, maintaining our reputation as one of the top denim retailers in Canada.
Our company philosophy is all about our customers and employees feeling empowered to express their individuality and diversity through fashion – we want YOU to be YOU!
Do you want to work for a company that is a leading brand in the fashion industry? Do you love denim? Are you an authentic, influential individual that will add energy and excitement to our growing business? Do you thrive in an environment that is hands on, fast paced and ever-changing? If you answered “Yes”, then we want to meet you!
Thriftys Family of Brands is currently looking for an FIT Model/ Merchandise Assistant for our Head Office location.
Ladies Fit Model: Approximately 40% of your time will be spent trying on fit sample and giving constructive feedback on the fit, feel and style of the garment to the Product Development and Quality Control Team to ensure we are providing high quality, good fitting, and on trend merchandise to our customers.
Merchandise Assistant: 60% of your time will be spend assisting the buying team with general buying administrative functions, completing market research, competition reports and pulling samples to review weekly. Also supporting all aspects of purchase order processing including writing and sending orders to vendors and following up to ensure the product development cycle is running smoothly and deliveries are done.
What you need to be a successful Assistant Buyer with Thriftys:
- Detail Orientated: An Excel master with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to initiate and maintain various reports. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet set deadlines.
- Effective Communicator: Clearly and effectively communicate the garment fit, fall, and feel when trying on samples. Partner with the Buyer in all areas of analyzing, merchandising, and communicating all decisions. Confident speaking in person, on the phone and through email. Proven ability to convey information both written and oral, in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Time Management: You will balance your tasks with timeliness and efficiency while demonstrating the ability to work with attention to detail, speed, and urgency in a highly productive environment.
- Team player: Work collaboratively with cross functional teams while building rapport and partnership with team members.
Must be the following measurements:
- Bust – 33 – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 – 27 inches
- Hip – 36 – 37 inches
- Height of 5’5 – 5’7
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Fashion Merchandising, Fashion Business, Retail Management, or equivalent
- Strong mathematical and inventory management skills
What we offer you:
- Commitment to our employees – we want you to succeed!
- Ongoing, hands-on training to help you develop your skills.
- Competitive compensation package including monthly bonus, paid sick time and benefits.
- Excellent employee discount, on top of our already great prices
- A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, encourages individuality, and is eager to hear your input and ideas.
If all of this has inspired you, let’s talk! Send us your resume today!
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thriftys is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.