It’s your time! Be part of a successful Company where you can grow your career and be rewarded and recognized for your contributions.
YM Inc. is one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 750 stores under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Le Chateau, Thrifty’s, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity and promote the benefits of diversity. That is our Philosophy.
How you will make a difference:
The Graphic Designer – Buying is responsible for assisting in the drive and definition of graphics, from concept to final design, with brand specific graphics that are cutting-edge and fresh. This role will collaborate with the Design team and the Buying Department to ensure that all needs of the business are met and product aligns with our merchandise production schedule and reflects current market trends.
What You’ll Do:
• Create and design original artwork for apparel, including all over print design, graphic art and apparel marketing designs (i.e. hangtags)
• Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and arrange layouts based on aesthetic design concepts
• Present samples of finished designs to Design Manager
• Assist in creation of design concepts and board presentation for each season
• Work closely with Design and Buying teams to ensure a cohesive line is realized
• Develop themes and concepts using inspiration from samples and market research to establish seasonal graphics direction
• Create and develop labels, tags and branding accessories for apparel product
• Actively participate in the conceptual development of product lines, collaborating with apparel designers to expand graphics presence in apparel line
• Act as an expert resource on graphic product aesthetic and graphic processes
• Conduct store visits and competition reports
• Stay abreast of trends and new printing techniques and resources in Graphic design
What You’ll Need
• Post-secondary education in Graphic Design
• 2+ years’ experience in Graphic Design
• Experience with the preparation of print files for production
• Experience designing for a junior target market an asset
• Previous experience with fashion and/or screen-printing an asset
• Proficient on MAC and PC
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
What we offer:
Competitive Compensation Package
Health and Dental Benefits Plan
Paid Sick Days
Ongoing Training and Development
Career Advancement Opportunities
Being part of an amazing, supportive and collaborative team
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.