YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
This full-time position is responsible for supporting Accounts Payable department as well as assisting the Accounts Payable Manager/Supervisor with the day to day activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists Accounts Payable Manger/Supervisor with reviewing data entry and posting of batches and releasing of held invoices.
· Assist with processing of Freight invoices.
· Process invoices in workflow management ERP system.
· Communicate with suppliers as required (invoice payments inquiries)
· Secondary Education: College or University in Accounting
· 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
Related Work Skills:
· High level of computer literacy, advanced acknowledge of Excel and Word
· Lawson knowledge is an asset
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines
· Demonstrated skills in corporate governance, policies and procedure
· Month-end procedures
· Team building skills
· Effective time management and organizational skills
As a result of Covid-19, most of our employees presently work remotely. When required to attend the office, strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.