The first Suzy store opened its doors in 1966 and we continue to grow more than 50 years later! With over 110 stores across the country and an online store at www.suzyshier.ca, Suzy is one of Canada’s leading women’s fashion retailers with brand awareness coast to coast.
We are currently seeking a* Office Manager* to join our team! This position will be based in our Head Office located in Toronto, ON.
To provide executive support to the COO and fulfill all administrative functions as requested. Management of head office functions.
· All head office administrative functions, including, but not limited to supporting the COO in corporate strategies and initiatives
· Coordinate communication between various levels of management and the COO
· Prepare confidential correspondence
· Assist in the preparation and review of reports for COO
· Act as liason for COO with any outside vendor/supplier/customer and is able to conduct effective business negotiations
· Schedule and coordinate appointments referencing COO calendar
· Analyze and spearhead initiatives to maximize administrative effectiveness
· Other administrative duties as assigned
· Verify and reconcile COO VISA statement
· Expense process and procedures for departments (Ops, HR, LP, Visual, COO, Construction, Marketing)
· Analyze and spearhead initiatives to maximize expense management effectiveness
Head Office Functions
· Management and process of Maintenance issues expenses at H.O.
· Coordination of all Head Office meetings, including preparing boardroom with resources required (technical, office supplies, food and refreshment)
· Project professionalism and company image in attire and attitude
· Partner with department heads to ensure office environment is inspiring and conducive to productivity and collaboration amongst all departments
· In collaboration with the HR Department, conduction monthly head office Health and Safety inspections
· Ensure all health and safety COVID protocols are being followed at all times by all members of the Head Office team and visitors
· Support Corporate, Operations, HR, LP, Visual and Marketing on special projects as assigned by COO
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in administration, accounting or related area
· Professionalism in both attitude, communication (oral and written) and dress
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent analytical and reporting skills
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
· Strong Computer skills a must (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs)
· Must work well in a team-oriented environment
· Able to work independently, with minimal supervision
· Ability to handle highly confidential information
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a can-do attitude
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates being consulted for an interview will be contacted.
Suzy’s Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’saccessibility needs.
At YM we very much believe that it is our responsibility to strive to maintain, as much possible, a safe and healthy working environment for you and for all of our employees. Achieving the highest percentage possible of vaccinated employees in the workplace is the best way for us to do this. As such, as a condition of employment, you would be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada. The Company will provide reasonable accommodation to any individual who is not able to comply with the vaccination requirement due to a disability or other ground protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require such accommodation, please advise us as soon as possible.