YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
The POS IMAC Specialist is responsible for the quality and delivery of technical expertise in the area of installation and support of the POS systems in a corporate client-server environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinate PC imaging
· Effectively apply Company methodology and enforce project standards
· Perform reassignment of equipment
· Assist in the application and installation of new point of sale hardware and software in stores
· Act as a service technician by completing IMAC install/de-install, and any other IMAC related duties at store level
· Proficiently disconnect/reconnect PC workstation and peripherals (mouse, keyboard, webcam, laptop dock, etc. of a large variety of computers) in a timely manner
· Complete assigned tickets in timely manner
· Customer data backup and restoration
· Create Heat tickets for all IMAC related activities
· Ensure completion of on-boarding activities, account creations, and equipment requests
· Assist the Manager with all inventory replenishment reports and inventory related communications with other departments
· Identify damaged or obsolete inventory, and dispose of equipment accordingly
· Assist in effective maintenance of Support Desk standards
· Perform general clerical duties such a preparing PO’s and analyzing costs related to asset management
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Previous Call Centre experience
· Knowledge of the retail industry an asset
· Familiarity with PC hardware and software
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
As a result of Covid-19, most of our employees presently work remotely. When required to attend the office, strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.