YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
The E-Commerce Merchandiser is responsible for developing a world-class shopping experience for the Company website and will ensure that the online merchandising strategy aligns with the organization and brand’s overall business objectives. This position is responsible for the developing, managing and executing appropriate navigation, category management, product assortment and visual assets for their respective product category. The E-Commerce Merchandiser reports into the Ecommerce Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create and maintain product listings across multiple e-commerce platforms, ensuring accurate and compelling product descriptions, images, and pricing. Implement merchandising strategies to drive visibility, discoverability, and conversion rates.
· Daily monitoring of incoming product to ensure the product listings are maintained and updated
· Monitor industry trends, competitor activities, and customer preferences to identify opportunities for new product launches and optimize existing offerings.
· Develop and execute promotional strategies to increase product visibility, improve sales performance, and capitalize on seasonal or special events.
· Utilize data analytics tools to track and analyze product performance, customer behavior, and sales metrics. Generate insightful reports and use the findings to make data-driven decisions.
· Collaborate with the inventory team to ensure stock availability, manage product replenishment, and prevent stockouts.
· Continuously assess and improve the customer journey, product page layouts, and site navigation to enhance the overall user experience.
· Optimize product listings with relevant keywords to improve search rankings and drive organic traffic.
· Post-secondary education in Marketing, E-Commerce and/or related experience
· Minimum 2 years’ experience with E-Commerce
· Experience with Shopify platforms and content management systems
· Understanding of online shopping experience, on-site customer experience, and competitive environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Analytical mindset with a keen eye for detail.
· Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Analytics
· Familiarity with SEO principles and keyword research.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Basic understanding of HTML is an asset.
· Intermediate/fluent French is an asset.
What we offer:
Competitive Compensation Package
Health and Dental Benefits Plan
Paid Sick Days
Ongoing Training and Development
Career Advancement Opportunities
Being part of an amazing, supportive and collaborative team
This position requires in office work. When required to attend the office, strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.