YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
The Sr. Graphic Designer is responsible for creating engaging and creative graphics to visually represent our Company’s brand. They are responsible for all aspects of graphic design, from planning out illustrations or infographics to managing marketing materials. The Sr. Graphics designer must ensure brand consistency throughout various marketing projects while also be responsible for generating fresh concepts.
· Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials
· Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval
· Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software
· Ensuring own and direct report’s day to day and special project work is completed on time and within budget
· Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary
· Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed
· Communicating with clients about layout and design
· Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as photoshop
· Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary
· Maintaining expert level knowledge of relevant and new design techniques, technologies and print tools and share this knowledge and training with direct reports
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a graphic designer position
· Experience in fashion photography
· Previous retail experience is an asset
· Experience with OSX operating systems
· Proficient in various design programs InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Quark Express,
· Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe creative suite, content manager and Magneto
· Proficient on MAC and experienced on PC format
What we offer:
Competitive Compensation Package
Health and Dental Benefits Plan
Paid Sick Days
Career Growth Opportunities
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.