YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Amnesia, Brooks Brothers, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for overseeing all aspects of social media platforms. This role will work to enhance the social media presence for the Company by creating and managing the Company’s social media strategy, developing brand awareness and generating traffic to stores and e-commerce sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Implement social media strategy
· Measure web traffic and monitor SEO
· Oversee social media accounts’ branding and layout
· Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content
· Monitor trends and encourage adaptation of social media tools – on top of the latest trends and tools
· Implement social media campaigns and contests
· Able to effectively analyze and measure campaigns
· Constant contact with the Marketing, Visual and Operations departments to communicate on public feedback, complaints and conversations surrounding the brand that are taking place in the public sphere
· Oversee influencer outreach program
· Post-secondary education in Digital Marketing or related field
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience
· Retail or Fashion experience preferred
· Graphic design, marketing, sales, community management experience (combination of writing, PR, communications, and social media) is an asset
Related Work Skills
· Exceptional working knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and SnapChat
· Strong analytical and research skills, overall business knowledge and consumer trend awareness
· Solid understanding of fashion colours, latest trends and designs
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative to achieve departmental and corporate objectives
· Effective time management and multitasking skills
As a result of Covid-19, most of our employees presently work remotely. When required to attend the office, strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.