It’s your time! Be part of a successful Company where you can grow your career and be rewarded and recognized for your contributions.
YM Inc. is one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 750 stores under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Le Chateau, Thrifty’s, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity and promote the benefits of diversity. That is our Philosophy.
How you will make a difference:
The Technical Quality Controller prepares initial sketches and specification packages as required and assists in managing merchandise samples, fit process and production follow-ups. The Technical Quality Controller is also involved in the communication with vendors/factories during the sample production process.
This is a great position for a Fashion Design student who is stronger on the technical and construction side of design.
What You’ll Do:
· Evaluate and provide constructive feedback on the quality and fit of a garment
· Communicate technical instruction and direction between the Buying Team and the vendor
· Be clear and concise when submitting technical comments and illustrations
· Prioritize and organize the daily work flow
· Sample follow-ups to ensure instructions were executed correctly and delivery will be on time
What You’ll Need:
· Must be able to complete the technical packages (Sketch + Specs + Construction details) by using Illustrator quickly and efficiently
· Must have excellent knowledge of MS Office and Illustrator.
· Must have apparel construction, fabrication and garment production knowledge
· Must have ladies/men’s/kids wear fitting experience
· Great communication skills and time management
· Ability to multi-tasks in a very tight timeline focused environment
· Experience in retail/buying environment is an asset
As a result of Covid-19, most of our employees presently work remotely. When required to attend the office, strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)