YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
The Training Developer/LMS Administrator is responsible for both content creation and administration of the Learning Management System (LMS). Designing and implementing training initiatives for the Company, you will work closely with the Training and Development Department to develop diverse, functional and engaging web and mobile-based learning experiences.
· Design, create and maintain training in a variety of formats (ILT, e-learning, blended)
· Work with external vendors in the development and delivery of 3rd party course material (e.g., Open Sesame, Skillsoft)
· Conduct development tests to ensure design fulfills needs of learners
· Measure learning impact and communicate results to stakeholders and business leaders for all content developed
· Evaluate need for updates to course materials based upon product releases, new functionality and feedback
· Troubleshoot any potential functionality errors
· Day-to-day management of the Learning Management System (LMS), including implementation of courses, content management, employee registration, notification and assessments
· Test all changes to the LMS, posts and test courses, ensuring accurate assignment and scoring
· Create and maintain LMS system training documentation, including policies and procedures as needed
· Track training sessions and attendance; manage training announcements
· Monitor and track training enrollment, following up with recruitment and training team in a consistent and timely manner
· Train and support corporate trainers on the use of the LMS
· Identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems with course design, LMS configuration and infrastructure
· Provide technical support and communicate directly with users of the LMS
· Investigate and resolve technical issues associated with learning systems and tools
· Post-secondary education in instructional design or related field
· A minimum of two years’ work experience in e-learning-based instructional design
· Experience with a learning management system (LMS) administration/management, including leveraging information architecture and technology
· Experience with Ceridian Dayforce an asset
· Advanced in Microsoft Office
· Proficient in: Articulate, Captivate, Powtoon or related
Related Work Skills
· Ability to independently design and develop instructionally sound e-learning
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Effective time management and multitasking skills
· Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet all guidelines
· Strong technical skills
As a result of Covid-19, most of our employees presently work remotely. When required to attend the office, strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.