YM Inc. is one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 750 stores under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Le Chateau, Thrifty’s, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity and promote the benefits of diversity. That is our Philosophy.
How you will make a difference:
The Training & Development Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Training & Development Department by assisting in the creation of training materials, conducting research, preparing and distributing statistical reports, preparing communications, handling information requests and performing general clerical functions.
What You’ll Do:
· Manage internal and external communications and directives including composition, translation, distribution and filing
· Support the Training & Development team on a broad range of projects
· Work closely with departments to ensure required updates are documented and communicated in a concise and efficient manner
· Support the Training & Development team on a variety of programs and initiatives
· Organize and maintain communications folders
· Create and maintain instructional manuals
· Organize, develop or source training programs to meet specific training needs
· Assist in developing and maintaining training aids
· Organize and ship training materials for store openings and incoming requests from existing stores
· Coordinate the preparation of Head Office training sessions, assign training rooms, ensure all necessary training
· Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness. Track and report on training outcomes
· Evaluate and make recommendations on training materials and methodology
· Prepare and distribute weekly reports as needed
· Create Job Descriptions, Development Plans and other training tools for store level and Head Office
· Provide on-going feedback and insights on current programs and materials to determine overall effectiveness and use
· Log and monitor departmental expenses
What You’ll Need:
· Post-secondary education
· Background in Retail an asset
· Bilingual (English/French) an asset
· Proficient in Microsoft Office with Intermediate level Excel
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong attention to detail
What we offer:
Competitive Compensation Package
Health and Dental Benefits Plan
Paid Sick Days
Ongoing Training and Development
Career Advancement Opportunities
Being part of an amazing, supportive and collaborative team
Covid-19 hybrid work from home safety plan
As a result of Covid-19, most of our employees presently work remotely. When required to attend the office, strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.