Thriftys Family of Brands has been a proudly Canadian company since 1942. From day one, our roots have been firmly planted in denim. By keeping up with the latest trends throughout the decades, we have consistently offered our customers the latest denim fits, washes and styles, maintaining our reputation as one of the top denim retailers in Canada. Our brands include Bluenotes, Thriftys by Bluenotes, and Aeropostale Canada.
Our company philosophy is all about our customers and employees feeling empowered to express their individuality and diversity through fashion – we want YOU to be YOU!
Do you want to work for a company that is a leading brand in the fashion industry? Do you love denim? Are you an authentic, influential individual that will add energy and excitement to our growing business? Do you thrive in an environment that is hands on, fast paced and ever-changing? If you answered “Yes”, then we want to meet you!
Thriftys Family of Brands is currently looking for a Bilingual HR Coordinator for our Head Office location, based in Toronto.
What you need to be a successful Bilingual HR Coordinator with Thriftys:
· Bilingual French/English: ability to read, write and communicate in a variety of forums in both English and French
· Decision Making: demonstrates commitment and accountability to making timely decisions that are aligned with polices, legislation and company directives.
· Interpersonal Skills: ability to establish relationships and communicate effectively with a wide variety of employee skills levels. Handles all interactions with a high level of confidentiality, tack, professionalism and compassion.
· Effective Communication: ability to convey information, whether oral or written, in a successful, professional and easy to understand manner.
· Time and Priority Management: ability to accomplish a variety of tasks on time and with attention to detail through effective planning, prioritization, delegation and follow up.
· HR Administration: demonstrates a practical understanding of Quebec Employment Legislation (CNESST) HR principles, policies and procedures. Various administrative duties and ad hoc projects as required Ability to function and adapt in a fast paced, changing environment.
· Professionalism: maintains high level of confidentiality, able to remain professional and provide HR services and information to employees across multiple functions
Bilingual French is a must
Post-secondary education in HR or related discipline
1+ years of previous HR experience
Previous retail experience is an asset
Everyone knows how to use MS Office these days, but if you are an Excel wiz.. Perfect!
What we offer you:
· Commitment to our employees – we want you to succeed!
· Ongoing, hands-on training to help you develop your skills.
· Competitive compensation package including paid sick time and benefits.
· Excellent employee discount, on top of our already great prices
· A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, encourages individuality, and is eager to hear your input and ideas.
If all of this has inspired you, let’s talk! Send us your resume today!
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thriftys is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.