Assistant Fashion Buyer – Thriftys Family of BrandsDate Posted February 28, 2023
- Department Buying
- Location Toronto, ON
- Job ID 114577
- Toronto, ON
Thriftys Family of Brands is HIRING! Our brands include Bluenotes, Thriftys by Bluenotes, Aeropostale Canada and Lucky Brand Canada.
Thriftys Family of Brands has been a proudly Canadian company since 1942. From day one, our roots have been firmly planted in denim. By keeping up with the latest trends throughout the decades, we have consistently offered our customers the latest denim fits, washes and styles, maintaining our reputation as one of the top denim retailers in Canada.
Our company philosophy is all about our customers and employees feeling empowered to express their individuality and diversity through fashion – we want YOU to be YOU!
Do you want to work for a company that is a leading brand in the fashion industry? Do you love denim? Are you an authentic, influential individual that will add energy and excitement to our growing business? Do you thrive in an environment that is hands on, fast paced and ever-changing? If you answered “Yes”, then we want to meet you!
Thriftys Family of Brands is currently looking for an Assistant Buyer for our Head Office location.
What you need to be a successful Assistant Buyer with Thriftys:
· Detail Orientated: Excel master, ability to initiate and maintain various reports, PO price changes; input and revise purchase orders, review and maintain PLU files.
· Stellar Communicator: partner with the Buyer in all areas of analyzing, merchandising, and communicating all decisions. Communicate with vendors regarding product development: initiation of new orders, PO revisions and cancellations, shipping, packing, pre-ticketing, labeling instructions. Update shipping schedules, etc.
· Tracking Expert: Aggressively track product to store level based on priority product, including follow up with vessel/air, freight forwarders and NLS.
· Team player: work collaboratively with cross functional teams topurchase, deliver, receive, ticket, process, price, and assess quality of merchandise.
· Passion for fashion: Stay updated on fashion trends,prepare and maintain sample racks, sample descriptions, coordinate photo shoot samples, and participate and provide feedback in sales, product & merchandise meetings.
· Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Fashion Merchandising, Fashion Business, Retail Management, or equivalent
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet set deadlines
· Excellent organizational skills, pays attention to detail
· Passion for fashion!
What we offer you:
· Commitment to our employees – we want you to succeed!
· Ongoing, hands-on training to help you develop your skills.
· Competitive compensation package including monthly bonus, paid sick time and benefits.
· Excellent employee discount, on top of our already great prices
· A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, encourages individuality, and is eager to hear your input and ideas.
If all of this has inspired you, let’s talk! Send us your resume today!
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thriftys is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.