YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Amnesia, Brooks Brothers, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
The Full-Time Bilingual Customer Service Agent is responsible for answering incoming calls, emails and live chat from customers and responding to inquiries, following up on online order issues, managing all complaints, and troubleshooting any significant customer service issues. As a member of the primary contact team for all customer inquiries, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Handle and resolve customer issues professionally and with a sense of urgency
· Answer incoming calls and respond to customer emails and live chat messages
· Provide product and service information to customers
· Research required information using available resources
· Document all call information according to standard operating procedures
· Recognize, document and alert the management team of trends in customer calls
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum 1 year of experience in a call center environment or other customer service environment
· Knowledge of customer service practices and principles
· Excellent data entry and typing skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
Related Work Skills
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Customer service oriented
· High attention to detail
· Superior listening, verbal and written communication skills
· Works well in a team-oriented environment
· Exercises good judgment
· Ability to handle stressful situations appropriately
As a result of Covid-19, most of our employees presently work remotely. This position will be required to attend the office, during which time strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.