Fashion Allocation AnalystDate Posted March 8, 2023
- Department Planning and Allocation
- Location Toronto, ON
- Job ID 114758
- Toronto, ON
YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
As a Fashion Allocation Analyst, you are responsible for managing a set of assigned categories. Through the use of daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports, you will develop weekly allocation plans, assortment plans to build and maintain model stocks. Through partnership with management, you will ensure timely, effective allocations that support the needs of the stores and the business.
We have expanded our department to include roles such as finalizing product assortments for selected banners, mirroring traditional buying functions as well as providing marketing direction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop weekly allocation plan on assigned categories that meet the needs of the stores and maintains optimal inventory levels and assortments
- Monitor and report on department performance and category performance using key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Execute timely, accurate allocations that will keep stores modeled and replenished through use of reports and analysis
- Regularly complete store visits, with written reports, to review and collect feedback on the effectiveness of the allocations as well as identify opportunities to enhance allocations
- Maintain optimal inventory levels and assortment mix
- Monitor stock to sales ratios and stock turns
- Pull performing styles for weekly review
- Report on weekly distributions, new styles, number of units distributed and receiving stores
- Collaborate with buying teams to identify and prioritize key items
- Work with the Visual and Marketing departments to highlight opportunities of “key” and “it” items and provide specific store allocation and model information
- Fashion Business Post-Secondary Graduate or High School Diploma With Equivalent Experience
- Retail experience an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Related Work Skills:
- Must have a great sense of numbers, inventory control and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and time management
- Must work well independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated, energetic and able to adapt quickly to change
- Exercise good judgment
This position requires in office work. When required to attend the office, strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.