Stylist – Thriftys Family of BrandsDate Posted May 17, 2023
- Department Marketing
- Location Toronto, ON
- Job ID 116335
- Toronto, ON
Thriftys Family of Brands has been a proudly Canadian company since 1942. Our brands include Bluenotes, Thriftys by Bluenotes, Aeropostale Canada and Lucky Brand Canada.
Our company philosophy is all about our customers and employees feeling empowered to express their individuality and diversity through fashion – we want YOU to be YOU! We are committed to hiring the very best people and promoting a culture that develops existing talent and promotes from within. Here is an opportunity to further grow and develop your career with the Company at Head Office.
Position: Stylist – Bluenotes, Lucky Brand Canada, Aeropostale Canada
Work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure styling aligns with current brand vision for the business. Assist and support the Ecommerce Photographers and Marketing team in fashion styling for Ecommerce product photography and marketing initiatives. Organize and keep track of the sample management process to ensure the efficient movement of product through the photo studio at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and style inspiring on brand outfits for our online store and marketing / social shots
- Assist Ecommerce Photographer with scheduling photo shoots, steaming and prepping clothes for photo shoots
- Provide essential support during the fashion shoots and partner with Photographer to ensure efficient workflow to produce images of highest quality
- Maintain the separate brand point of view for Bluenotes, Aéropostale, Aéropostale Kids and Lucky Brand Canada.
- Adjust or correct styling based on the needs of the product category being shot.
- Keep track of what product is arriving to our warehouse on a weekly basis. Ensure samples are obtained and photography is completed for all products.
- Liaise with the Buyers and Ecommerce Team to gather samples for shoots
- Meet regularly with Buyers, Product Stylists and Ecommerce teams to discuss upcoming trends/styling to align on styling of product.
- Track and organize samples and ensure they are transferred to Outlet Stores in their original condition (with labels/tags) in a timely manner once the photography is completed.
- Prepare and organize all merchandise by look for online shoots
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure styling aligns with current brand vision for the business
- Stay current with the design/fashion industry including competitor websites and consumer trends, assessing and communicating their potential impact to the business.
- Office environment/Photo Studio
- Bilingual English/French an asset
- Student or a Graduate of a Design, Fashion or Merchandising program preferred
- Strong knowledge of current fashion trends and best practice for styling
Related Work Skills:
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to anticipate and handle last minute request and changes
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of fabrics, care and proper handling
- Previous photo shoot and onset styling experience an asset
- Creative, energetic and upbeat with a passion for fashion!
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Takes initiative with a “can-do attitude” and the desire to “make things happen”
- Ability to work effectively with speed and urgency in a high productivity environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount