YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 700 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Amnesia, Brooks Brothers, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
Our goal is to sustain performance that exceeds expectations. We are committed to creating a culture where people feel valued and inspired to achieve results. We give our people the appropriate tools, freedom and authority to make decisions. They are accountable for their actions and we recognize their efforts and reward their results. We attract and nurture the best people by providing leadership opportunities, career development and continuous learning. We are committed to leading by example and with integrity. We treat people with respect and dignity, promote the benefits of diversity and address challenges in a direct and compassionate manner. We engage people in our goals and objectives; we listen and act on new ideas where possible. That is our Philosophy.
Position Overview: The Full Time Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for recruiting for the following Corporate positions: Finance, Accounting and IT. Working closely with Hiring Managers you will attract and source top talent and ensure a steady flow of high caliber and suitable candidates. You have proven networking skills and an already-established strong network of candidates in the Finance/Accounting/Tech field.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Source, attract and hire the best talent
· Prepare, offer and negotiate contracts
· Facilitate the recruitment life cycle, providing a positive candidate experience
· Develop and grow an impressive talent network
· Schedule regular POI (people of interest) interviews
· Cultivate relationships with hiring managers, business partners and candidates
· Support hiring managers in all areas of the recruitment process: job description, assessment of candidates, job postings, source/screen/interview candidates, feedback sessions, offer presentation and negotiation, closing candidates, and onboarding
· Create and maintain computer and paper-based filing and organizational systems, ensuring a data base of candidate information
· Maintain strict levels of confidentiality in handling sensitive information
· Develop and maintain recruitment tools and standardized processes which support an effective recruiting and selection process
· Manage Company presence through a variety of multi-channel sourcing strategies
· Partner with and foster relationships with universities and colleges and applicable industry associations
· Develop relevant and timely updates on metrics, statistics and trends with proactive recommendations to deliver on strategies and hiring plans/goals
· Post-secondary education in a recruitment related field or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a Recruiter position with a focus on Accounting/Finance/IT
· Knowledge of the retail industry an asset
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher)
Related Work Skills
· Energetic and outgoing
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent business phone etiquette
· Exceptional interviewing skills with an ability to assess candidate responses
· Effective negotiation skills
· Exercise good judgment
· Ability to maintain highly confidential information
· Self-starter, ability to work independently and perform at optimum levels
· Sense of urgency in a fast paced work place
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
· Strong proofreading skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy
As a result of Covid-19, most of our employees presently work remotely. When required to attend the office, strict safety protocols are in place. We are currently utilizing a virtual hiring process and interview candidates by phone or Zoom/Teams.
YM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.